Development and Engineering Department
Responsible for the implemention of efficient and effective development and maintenance projects of public facilities.
- To plan, design and implement development projects under the Malaysia Plan in the best way possible with a design that meets necessities, is user and environmentally friendly, competent and efficient project management, comply with Financial Instructions and controlled construction costs.
- To implement and monitor LC development projects
- To execute maintenance of public facilities such as roads, drains, road furniture in urban areas, housing and village areas to always be in a satisfactory condition
- To maintain LC vehicles, mechanical service systems in recreational parks and in-house service systems such as elevators and air conditioning systems to always be in satisfactory condition
- To provide maintenance to street lighting and decorative lighting facilities in Labuan except on federal roads, to always be light up, attractive and to create a cheerful atmosphere
- To provide maintenance to LC-owned buildings and public facilities
- To provide reviews of building plans, infrastructure plans, structural plans, earthwork plans as well as mechanical and electrical plans
- To investigate all completed public complaints within 3 days and take immediate follow-up action if necessary, regarding damaged buildings, roads, drains, recreational areas and parks, public road lighting system systems and other public facilities under LC’s jurisdiction
- To make an assessment on all tenders and quotations within 2 weeks.
- To manage the implementation of Malaysia Plan (MP) projects and ensure completion within 5 years..
- To manage the implementation of small projects and ensure completion within 1 year.
- Subject to the conditions of no construction site issues, adequate allocation and complete project brief, the construction period to be taken is as follows:
- Project Cost of RM500 thousand and below: 15 months
- Project Cost of RM500 thousand – RM5 million and above: 24 months
- Project Cost 5 million: 36 months
- Repair of potholes will be carried out no later than 3 days after the complaint is received.
- In the event of traffic disruption or public safety, such as fallen trees or landslides, action will be taken no later than 24 hours after identification or complaint is received.
- Each scheduled closure will be announced through mass media at least 3 days before it is carried out.
- Complaints of critical damage such as leaking in water pipe, roof or sewage systems and building utilities will be dealt with within 1 day
- Normal repair action within 1 month
- Maintenance of air conditioning system – 7 days.
- Action on damage for mechanical service equipment – 3 days
- Major repair work (major overhaul) of the vehicle – 4 months
- Minor vehicle repair work – 1 month
- Chiller operation – 1 year
- Elevator maintenance – 3 days
- Power Maintenance – 2 days
- Fountain maintenance – 7 days
- Maintenance of fire suppression systems – 5 days
- Normal damage – 1 day
- Complicated damage – 7 days
- Road light damage – 3 days
- Management of complaints under the responsibility of LC will be implemented within the following period:
- Complaint receipt – 1 day
- Feedback on complaints – 7 days
- Complaint closure – 2 months
- Management of complaints not under the responsibility of LC No Wrong Door Policy will be implemented within the following period:
- Complaint receipt – 1 day
- Extension to the relevant agency – 3 days
Development & Engineering Department
6th & 7th Floor, Menara Perbadanan Labuan
Jalan Okk Awang Besar, Peti Surat 81245,
87022, WP Labuan