Valuation, Investment and Property Management Department
- To further improve the quality of services on the evaluation and rates in the rated area of Labuan Corporation and the Corporation's property management.
- Business first
- To give satisfaction to investors
- Perform evaluation of the holdings in the Federal Territory of Labuan under Part XV of the Local Government Act 1976
- Impose an assessment tax on the holdings located in the rated area of Labuan Corporation
- Prepare rate of contributions claims on holdings of the Federal and State Governments
- Manage rentals for homes, business premises and lease of land owned by the Labuan Corporation
- Arrange insurance cover for buildings owned by the Labuan Corporation
- Provide counter services for assessment tax and rental property owned by the Labuan Corporation
- To identify problems faced by current and would be investors.
- To plan and implement strategies to prepare Labuan as a conducive location for investors.
- To produce basic information as reference to investors.
- To organize investment promotions for Labuan either in the form of visits, exhibition, seminars, trade expos or direct investments.
- To open up opportunities for the establishments of joint venture possibilities with investors in implementing projects that will enhance Labuan's status as a Tourist Haven, Free Port Island and an International Off–Shore Financial Centre.
- To coordinate trade and investments missions from outside of Labuan.
- To promote expansion activities for local home based products at the national and international level.
- Secretariat to BIMP – EAGA, F.T. Labuan Branch.
Valuation & Property Management
- To issue the assessment tax bills before January and July of each year
- To make contribution claims in aid of rates to the Ministry of Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government before March each year
- Issue notice of assessment tax arrears in March and September of each year
- Perform evaluation on new holdings for the purpose of the assessment within 19 working days
- Process a complete document of property within 21 working days from the date of receipt
- Issue offer letter of rental for housing and business premises within seven (7) working days from the date of the decision by the Interview Panel
- Accept and coordinate public complaints on damage to rental properties within a 24-hour working period
- Always provide friendly services to clients
- To ensure that a written comment is prepared on each application for a factory license from MIDA within thirty (30) working days from date received.
- To ensure that proposals submitted by individuals or companies are given written acknowledgement or comments within (30) working days from date received.
- To inform individuals or companies about proposed trade missions organized by the Ministry of International Trade and Industries or other agencies within three (3) days from date received.
- To ensure that a written reply is sent out to all letters of enquiries within seven (7) working days.
Valuation & Property Management Department,
1st Floor, Block B, Wisma Perbadanan Labuan
Jalan Merdeka, P.O Box 81245,
87022, FT Labuan
Office line :-
087-408650 / 087-408698